Thank you everyone. I'm both hopeful and scared. One thing we're hoping for is that my brother will be able to do the week-long chemo as an in-patient. For a lot of reasons, this would work best for him and would be easier for myself and hubby. I'm really tired and could use the break from the constant cleaning and cooking, especially since his appetite is non-existent, so cooking for him has become a nightmarish challenge. I figure a week of hospital food might make me look like a gourmet chef...LOL. Poor guy, I know why he can't eat, but like I keep telling him, my job is to keep the rest of his body healthy so that he has a body to come back to when the cancer is gone. He eats what I serve him, but it's obviously a struggle - most chemo patients don't eat as well as he does - I'm admittedly playing on his inherited stubbornness, you know, that old mind-over-matter thing where you decide to eat even when that's the last thing you feel like doing.

Anyway, we're nervous. But hopeful...we know the doctor wants to start right away, like tomorrow. Now all we have to do is convince him to admit my brother instead of make him (us) do it on an out-patient basis, which will be very tiring and difficult on all of us.

Thank you for your continuing prayer...you do realize that through all of this prayer and care, we're all keeping him alive - and how can I ever thank you for that!!!

(Maya Angelou)