Have any of you noticed lately how many times spray bottles just don't work? You turn the little do-hickey so that it says "On" or "Spray" or "Stream", you pump it once and get spray or stream, but then it STICKS, and you can't pump it again. Or you have to wait until it decides it wants to work before you can pump it again. Or it decides it doesn't want to work at all, wants to take a day off, and refuses to work any further. Or all the liquid pools up in the neck of the sprayer and leaks out under the cap, making your fingers sticky.

WHY WHY WHY??!!

I was just using (or TRYING to use) some spray cleaner on my carpet and go the drip method instead. But I've noticed this with other spray bottles too (not the aerosol kind, but like a Windex bottle). Is it just ME? Do they HATE ME? Or are the manufacturers of these bottles getting SLACK and allowing USELESS PLASTIC OBJECTS to leave their factories?

It makes me wonder. Don't any of their employees use these products? Don't THEY notice the bottles don't work? Have they spoken up only to be subjected to a code of silence not seen since the dark days of Cher and nuclear facilities in "Silkwood"??

We can send the space shuttle out into the stratosphere, but we can't make get spray out of our Oxy Carpet Cleaner bottles. Oh, the humanity.