I get these every so often, usually with a prayer or something religious attached, asking me to forward it to ten friends, and telling me I'll be blessed somehow if I pass it on. Sometimes with dire warnings of what will happen if I don't pass it on.

Now, I have two problems with this.

One - I think it's great if someone wants to send a prayer to me. Something that touched them that they want to pass on. That's not my hitch. It's the DEMAND that I send it on that bugs me. If the sender would say - hey, if this touched you too, think about sending it to your friends - I probably would consider it. But the "Send this to ten of your friends! Don't break this chain!" really makes me itch.

Two - inevitably, the sender has sent it to my daughters, my sisters, and any friends we have in common. THEY'VE USED UP ALL MY PEEPS! I don't HAVE ten more people to send it on to. (Not that I'm bitter! Heavens NO!)

And, I suppose, whine #3 - I think it cheapens the spiritual content to make it a chain letter. An encouraging note, a desire to pass on something touching, fine, but don't make it a chain letter, PLEASE!

Okay, whine over.