Nope, not me. My son.

My son and his wonderful GF (now fiancee) invited me out to lunch today. On reaching the Spanish restaurant, I spotted her parents there as well. What's this, thought I? Something's afoot, I reckon. Warm hugs and pleasantries around. Future mothers-in-law had twinkle in our eyes. We suspected. And we were right.

The announcement came after the tapas were consumed and both expectant mothers-in-law cried through the main course and afters. Her father just blabbered through his with excitement. Their firstborn to be married to my youngest. After four years, our children have made their decision to be with each other for the rest of their lives. A date will be set for next year and I am bursting with joy. I have been on the phone and e-mailing everybody, sharing the good news the entire afternoon.

My son will be taking a wife. I move to one side so that he may grow and develop beautifully and responsibly from fiance to husband. His priorities will be different from hereon. It is unbelievable how the years have gone by ever so quickly. My baby boy is now a man. And now, I shall have a daughter-in-law who would be addressed in the future by my same surname. A very lovely thought and a very lovely woman to share it with. My family is growing. A blessing indeed.