I'll never forget the day my girlfriend and I were sitting at her mothers kitchen table when her mom, then in her 50's, said to Patty my friend. "You know I was at Dorries last night and she was crying and asking God why, why, she was just a mess." I asked her what was the matter and she said, "Oh Mary, my Anthony has come out of the closet after all these years, no wonder he never had a girlfriend."

Not knowing what she was fussing about, I patted her on the shoulder and told her I had to go home now and start dinner, and then she said, "please don't tell anybody." I said of course not.

"What could I tell somebody. Well really, what was wrong with him anyway, how long did he stay in that closet and why did he go in there in the first place and imagine any girl wanting to be shut up in some closet with her nutty son?"

My friends mom was a bit behind the times as you can see by her answers. Patty my friend and I laughed so hard we were literally rolling on the floor floor in hyterics. You should have seen her moms face when we were finally able to explain what coming out if the closet meant....

She just looked at us then she said "Oh my" shook her head and made the sign of the cross while saying, "mamma mia closets are for clothes, not for fancy boys coming in and out of them."

Edited by chatty lady (12/15/06 09:49 AM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/