Founderhvoiceat last:

As a paralegal, I agree w/ your attorney, your increased income can and may decrease the support (please review your financial declaration/child support calculation; if you like you may prepare a comparison between the present w/ season employment vs. what you may expect to earn for both -- your state may have the child support calculator on-line). Once you have an Order of the Court (not certain of the family court rules of procedure in your state) determining the support, and once you feel comfortable with that Final Decree (or Order) -- then look for employment. Now, caution, he may file a motion afterwards stating that your income has increased, thus lessening the amount of support he must provide (I just want you to be aware), however, this will cost him money and more time in Court.

Starting Over:

Regarding the Christmas presents, I would allow the children to have thier's on Christmas (or appropriate holiday gathering), but do not open yours. Simply return them or set aside as evidence.

Regarding the subpoena for bank account statements, it is a part of the discovery process. Unfortunately, it seems like an invasion of privacy.

Although I'm not certain of your financial life, when I was in the process of divorcing I opened a new account at a bank that neither I nor my husband had ever had conducted business and explained the situation to the individual assisting with opening the new account. I also requested that the statements be sent to my office, rather than home address. I opened a non-interest account so that it would not reflect on my taxes in the event he (husband) tried to obtain a copy during the divorce proceedings.

I took all money from my old accounts in cash not to exceed $5K (to keep under the IRS and FBI eyes) and deposited into the new account. Luckily, I only needed this account for about 6 mths until the divorce was finalized.