Thank you all for your words of encouragement and advice.

As soon as my seasonal job at the mall is over in January I'll be hunkering down to find more lucrative work. Problem is legal counsel is advising me not to go for it now, because that will reduce the amount of support I can ask for me and the kids. And we all know that whatever I ask for, I'll be lucky to get even half. It seems like the situation is damned if you do, and damned if you don't. I took this job against the lawyer's say-so because I was so freaked out about finances and was afraid there would not be food on the table for the kids to eat. In any case it's a moot point now, since my husband has not been able to find work. Yeah. Right. what a crock.

Starting over - I wish there was something I could do to help you. It breaks my heart to hear what you are going through, and scares me more than a little. The "sperm donor" who was my husband hired a high-priced attorney who is milking him dry and using delay tactics that sound just like what you have experienced. I guess he is trying to wear me down and force me to settle for nothing. Which is what he's proposing to give me anyway, except that there will be legal fees to pay whether I win or lose.

My best thoughts and prayers are with you...We've gotta stay strong and stick together...

foundhervoice_atlast