Dotsie,

I don't think she invited my son over in order to deliver this zinger because she paled visibly when she answered the door and saw me standing there. Guess she assumed the ex would be picking up my son, and not me. Bummer for her.

When my older son came home Saturday after a school event and heard that his brother was sleeping over at this kid's house he freaked out and told me that he didn't want to hurt my feelings but he thought I should know that something might be going on between his father and the boy's mother...apparently his dad had admitted being on his way out to lunch with her a few times when my son put him on the spot and asked him where he was going all gussied up on the weekend. I thought the boy was being overly suspicious and pooh-poohed it at the time because the ex had always told me he thought the woman was weird so I couldn't imagine that he'd be attracted to her. Besides, even if he was interested, I never dreamed that she would stoop so low as to betray me. We were supposed to be friends, and where I come from, friends don't go out with friend's husbands. Silly me.

My boys also told me yesterday that they found out that they were all going to meet up at a local ski resort this week (the kids are on Christmas break and their dad is taking them snowboarding) and were supposed to hook up for dinner tonight in fact. My boys didn't know if her husband was planning on being there too, but they were really upset about the whole thing. Guess I'll find out more when they return. I can't believe that their father would put them through this. How callous can one man be? Maybe I should refer to him as the "sperm donor" from now on, cause I can't believe that a real father could behave so selfishly toward his own children and totally ignore their feelings.

In the meantime, yours truly is living on $8 an hour from my part time seasonal retail job at the mall and meager handouts from the soon-to-be-ex, as we still do not have even temporary support orders, and I cannot afford to go out to McDonald's for Christmas let alone take my children skiing for the week. Things have got to get better...Please pray for me! Thanks... [Frown]