Okay, it's 10pm, Christmas night. Here, all is calm, though we have another full family Christmas tomorrow and a third one on Wednesday (and a big birthday on Thursday), so Christmas has only begun in our house! But today went well. My brother was noticeably weak, and that was painful to see, but he loved the day and enjoyed being here. At one point, hubby and I were busy in the kitchen cleaning up after supper, and it struck me that I needed to just stop and go sit with my brother. So I left hubby with the rest of the clean-up and went to cuddle close to my brother...and was so grateful for whatever Voice it was that helped me to see that he needed me more than the dishes did at that point.

It was a good day, a joyful day, a tranquil day, but definitely tinged with sadness and "knowing" that we just simply cannot know where or "who" we're going to be this time next year. But then, none of us do, do we? We just have to take each moment and live it to the fullest possible extent, and be glad for the gift that is in that moment. Let tomorrow unfold as it will, I just need to embrace THIS day and not worry about the rest.

So I'm rambling. It was not easy to keep that fear at bay all day...your prayers and caring thoughts surely helped the serenity to win out over the fear. Thank you.

So how did everyone else do today? I've been thinking about you all ALL DAY, throughout the entire day...part of me has been here in spirit every moment today, hoping and praying that it would be "not such a bad day after all" for so many of you for whom today was/is not a day you were looking forward to.

And I hope everyone has a gentle night.

(Maya Angelou)