Oh girl...dont' even get me started on the Web site thing. I use Michelle Broschel, same person Dotsie uses and she is a delight to work with. Why do I pay? Because I want it professional AND I want someone else to take care of the headaches where I can WRITE!

Here are a few things I would suggest NOT doing:

1. Don't put music on the opening page. There are tons of people who open Web sites AT WORK. They don't want to announce to the world that they are goofing-off...not only that, it's VERY distracting when you're trying to soak up the message there in front of you. Remember, my time (joyce doe the buyer) is limited.

2. Don't put those annoying trailers that follows your mouse everywhere you go on the page. It screams UNPROFESSIONAL!

3. Don't settle for broken links on your site. Make sure all your links work. If I visit a page and the links don't work, I leave. Now if I'm in a good mood and have plenty of time on my hands, I'll try to contact the Webmaster and tell them. If not, I move on. One potential customer lost.

4. DON'T TELL ME (the public) YOU ARE AN AWARD WINNING ANYTHING. If that's true, then everybody on the face of this earth is...Show me the awards you have and THEN make that statement. To me it shouts "don't sign up for their newsletter" because you can take it to the bank that you are about to be hit every day, or every other day with an email trying to sell you something. No info, just a CANNED sales pitch.

5. Don't just sell them something, give them something, too. Give more "value added" than value gained. It doesn't have to be in the form of money. It SHOULDN'T be. But give your potential customers something. A free newsletter, a tips sheet...something for spending time on your Web page.

6. Don't treat your business like a hobby. It will show.

7. If you've had a bad day or sales are down, don't take it out on your email inquiries, even if they come to you as "snippy" ones. Always answer email inquiries with a positive, uplifting tone. It cost you nothing, but it will make YOU feel better, and your potential customer as well.

8. Don't forget to see what your competition is doing on a weekly basis.

9. Get a tracker for your Web page so you can get statistics and see how you're doing. VERY IMPORTANT!

10. Don't try to eat that elephant all in one bite. You will change, your message will change, so let your Web page grow as your needs change. Just because you have a Web page up doesn't mean that's all there is. I can't tell you how many times I've changed mine over the years. Mucho. It's a good thing though. Make sure the "NAME" he chooses for his URL or Web address is one that gets good hits on GOOGLE and the other search engines. What words would people use when looking for a watch to buy? Be creative, but make sure you choose wisely!

Hope this helps some. Oh gosh I'm so excited for him. Wandering off on a new adventure! How cool is that? And watches! I love it. Let us know how he progresses, k?