Thanks for the details on SS, Chatty. I didn't know that but when I applied for my high school daughter, the interviewer told me that I can recv these benefits but only when I turn 50, if I haven't remarried. I have ten years to wait. Aint that a b? I didn't have to wait for the bs, why do I have to wait for the $$? Wonder why I'd have to wait so long?

You're right! I am not going to worry about that anymore. I will give my son my final opinion on splitting the money then leave it up to God, as also suggested here. It does take too much energy to be angry.

The other woman applied only 2 days after his death according to the SS person. I was too busy making arrangements and helping my children cope to even think about that at that point. I tried to put my self in her position trying hard to understand. It didn't work cause I would have never had children by a married man, especially if I knew that he was married. Of course, I'm by no means excusing his behavior. I guess that's obvious though. I divorced him.

Thanks for your empathy Dianne. I used to be 'a poor little thing' back then. Now I'm a huge lump of anger!

You all should see have I acknowledged her children on his obituary! OMG! That was revenge at it's sweetest. If I find the diskette, I will place that excerpt here. I made it very obvious that her children were concieved during our marriage, but tactfully since their were innocent children. SHE and the other adults aware of our dirty laundry got it for sure. LOL.

Sugaree [Eek!]