Quote:

Left him a bone as well, Vicki. Why does his profile say he's a tad aggressive?

Lola, American Eskimos are very territorial and protective. They're also very wary of strangers. Jack hasn't been socialized to think everyone is a friend. I didn't want him to accept just anyone as a friend. He's my protector. He sounds the alarm if there's anything or anybody in the backyard while we're in the house. If someone like a repairman comes to the house, Jack is put in the bedroom. But, if someone knocks on my door and I'm not expecting anyone (and I don't recognize them through the peephole), you can be sure, Jack is with me (holding onto him) when I open that door. He's only 32 pounds but he sounds and acts much bigger.

Most American Eskimos do well with a single or couple as their owners. They usually bond to one person. They tend to be more alpha in nature. I haven't personally, but I know people online who have integrated their eskie into their family. Usually, the family was there first and they brought the puppy in and raised it with the family. Eskies do well like that.

Jack gets along really well with my daughter and her husband. He loves Michelle. He can't get enough of her when she comes over.

So, that's why I've rated Jack a bit on the aggressive side in his profile. He may be my baby, but he does a good job of protecting me as well.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog