Okay, I admit it. I'm the one everyone it talking about--the bad example.
I've been divorced - three times. Hey , it happens. And if nothing else, I'm no quitter.

After the third divorce, I decided never to marry again. Actually I had a blast as a single person. I dated a lot, made a lot of friends, had several proposals, and was pretty happy.
Then I met Dan who had decided never again to remarry also. We fell in love, went off the deep end, and got married -- only a couple of weeks after we met. No planning. No big wedding. Nobody there but us--and God.

Dan has also been married before so so we knew the risk and we know another divorce is always a possibility, but we got married anyway.
So far, it's been a blast. We've been married a little more than a year and we've spent that time getting to know each other. We are falling more in love every day. We both know for sure that we can survive single but we want to be togehter and we're planning on a bright tomorrow.
It's been a blessing. I would recommend it.

Back to divorce, I believe it to be very much like major surgery. It can be elective or even life saving. Either way, you may awaken with part of yourself gone. And you may rid yourself of a diseased or ugly part. But the surgery itself can be fatal.
If you survive the surgery, you will have endured a terribly painful experience with a prolonged recovery time.
I guess like everything else, you just have to weigh the options and make the best decision possible with the information you have and leave the rest up to God.
In many cases, divorce is a gift from God. So is marriage.
smile

[ October 28, 2004, 11:50 PM: Message edited by: smilinize ]