Ahh, I understand completely. I was Director of a small Charter School for two years until I quit because the stress just wasn't worth it.

The teachers were all 22-24 years of age, newly graduated and full of themselves. When they discovered I only had a 2-yr degree - oh my God - it was all over. From then on out, they never respected me or my ideas or my work.

They had more education than I did, therefore they were smarter and better than I was and knew more. Of course, my 25 years of work and life experience meant nothing to them.

Not sure what to tell you Vonnie. Your supervisor is probably trying to do her job to the best of her ability and is afraid if she shows weakness or asks for your help it might signify that she doesn't know what she's doing.

But I'll tell ya, the older I get, the younger all these employees seem. I try to remember back to what I was doing at that age, and that sometimes takes the edge off. Because at that age, I was working and confident and trying to "go places" too.

Okay, stop me, I'm rambling....
Kathy