Back to current events…I have a question for your ladies.

I have a strict Catholic upbringing, which I don't practice any more. I still believe, but I'm totally disappointed in the church as a system itself.

Somewhere in our newspaper, a tiny article about priests in U.S.A. was printed. It said the priests were caught illegally collecting money (in the millions) for their own private purposes, (business investments and women). So whoopee, another scandal is born amongst the holy ones.

People from other congregations and religions must be shaking their heads in disbelief at this "holier than though" Catholic Institution. I've personally never heard of any scandals in the Baptist or Protestant churches. Maybe there is some money manipulating, by some preachers, I don't really know, but still they don't have the kind of money the Catholic Church reigns over.

In Germany the Catholic Church and politics are interwoven. (Can you believe that?) So I guess the Church was able to suppress further articles about this scandal here. Can anyone fill me in on this?