Oh gosh. I love the holidays too. And I am bleesed because Ross enjoys them just as much as I do. He especially likes to decorate. He's in charge of the outside, putting up the inside trees and getting the lights on. All of us add ornaments. We used to do it alli n one night, but the last couple years, we've taken a few days to add ornaments and I kinda like that. It makes it less stressful. While he does the lights on the tree, I put lots of the other decorations around the house, leaving the ornaments on the dining room table. It hasn't bothered me to leave them there until they are all on the tree. Then I put the tinsel on and we're all done.

I do the majority of shopping and wrapping, but he will help when it gets closer to Christmas and there are still a few gifts to buy. He's good at going on a mission to find exactly what I tell him. He doesn't like to shop around. He just like to get what he's looking for and make the purchase.

I bake, but he'll help if I want the company. Chatty, we work it out. He's a trooper too! We definitely do it together.

Last year was fun. We had 17 people here for Christmas dinner and my son who was 20 at the time, cooked the feast. He said that if we paid for it, he would cook, but he didn't want to do the traditional turkey. I let go of the reigns and he did an awesome job. God love 'em. It was my most relaxing Christmas dinner ever. It was a real gift!

Edited by Dotsie (10/26/06 12:14 PM)