WOW! What an inspiring post. Thanks for the lovely answer. Am I right in saying that you weren't a writer when this brainstorm took off? And through hard work and determination, you are writing book proposal after book proposal and getting published left and right.

My story is similar. I launched BWS to give my generation of women a voice. My original intention was to use this as a portal for collecting stories for an anthology, very similar to idea. I even developed it as a series; Boomer Women Speak About Being Single at Midlife, Boomer Women Speak About the 60s, Boomer Women Speak About Their Childhoods, Boomer Women SPeak About Caring for Their Elders, and so on.

Allsion, I did all the very same things you did. I read and researched like a vulture. I found an agent, Carol Susan Roth, through lots of hard work and determination. I have a drawer full of rejections from agents, but I finally found one. She shopped the book to very top publishing houses and it didn't sell.

People ask if I'm disappointed. I can honestly say I am not. Many of the stories have been published on this site. In additon to that, I know I'm giving women a voice which was my original intention. God just had other plans. Like an associaiton too. Whodathunk? Surely, not me.

All I've done is pray and listen to what God is calling me to do. That's my biggest message. Unless we are still, we may never hear our true calling that allows us to use our God-given gifts for His glory and the good of all people.

Anyway, I continue to work with my agent and I believe I'm getting nearer to the book God is calling me to write. He never ceases to amaze me.

Onward with grace - ladies!