How wonderful to find someone that leaves no question unanswered. Thank you! And that's why I want to answer your question right away.

When I go into a bookstore just to browse around, it's usually before I'm going on a trip. I'm looking for a book that will entertain me. Whether it's a thriller, travel book, or romance, it doesn't really matter.

The title is obviously the first contact, but for me incredibly important. It should awake my interest enough so that I'll pick up the book, turn it over, dig my glasses out of my horribly over filled pocketbook and read the book jacket. If that's interesting enough, I'll look for a chair and start reading the first chapter. If I like it so far, then I'll leaf through it and read some random page. If everything passes, I'll buy the book.

I love watching book discussion programs on TV. I've bought about 10 recommended books after watching those shows, and they were all hard backs! I don't get Oprah Winfrey, but if I did, I'd probably read what she recommends as well. I've also bought books that were recommended in Time magazine.

What I find very important is if I should order a book over Amazon, I want to be able to read the first pages before purchasing. I always read the comments, and allow myself to be influenced by them.

You have a blessed day too, Allison.