Good perspective, Dianne! Writers who really want to succeed at the craft of writing can never take rejection personally. In fact, my MN writers group celebrates the number of rejection slips our members received the previous month because that indicates that they are actually writing and sending materials out into the world!

And, how right you are about folks telling me they've "always wanted to write a book." If I had a dollar for everyone who has told me that over the years I'd be wealthy! As though it were that easy.

I always say that everyone has a book inside of them, every life story is worthy of retelling in some format...but not everyone is capable of writing the story so that #1.)others want to read it, or #2. so that it will actually sell to a publisher.

God bless the child who wants to share their life story, but the hard reality of publishing is that personal memoir stories do not sell unless you are a well known person, or your story is so amazing that people shake their head in awe... case in point "Why I Jumped."

Hmmmm...wonder how/why I got on THAT tangent?

Onward!