Hello Everyone!

I'm a day late and a dollar short, as the saying goes. I was supposed to check in yesterday but for some inexplicable reason the day got away from me. Might have something to do with flying in from Texas late the night before. Please forgive me, but I'm here now and excited to LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

I've read all of the postings so far, and I'm looking forward to the next month, sounds like we have a good group started!

Thanks to Da Queen for removing my "Stranger" status and giving me an actual name and location. Bless your heart!

Lynnie, here's the full information about the writers conference. The main organization is called The Jerry Jenkins Christian Writers Guild and they have an annual conference every February at the Broadmoor Hotel in Colorado Springs called WRITING FOR THE SOUL. This year the conference is being held February 15-18 and all the info is on the web site. Go to the main page and click on the CWG Annual Conference link in the right sidebar. I'll be attending as a Faculty Member, you'll see me listed under Editors as God Allows U-Turns. The conference is well worth the money - very professional, amazing speakers and teachers, and sure to jump start any writing career. Jerry does an excellent job. This year he has Tim HaHaye, his co-author of the LEFT BEHIND book series, as one of the keynote speakers, along with Liz Curtis Higgs and a host of others.

www.christianwritersguild.com

Vicki in Tampa asked me two questions regarding my 21 books and my outreach ministry, "How do I do it?" and "What is my secret?"

I think I'll start there in my next post.

Please start posting your questions regarding writing (since this is the Writing Forum...ha-ha) and I will begin to respond as best I can.

Looking forward to a great month! Thanks for having me here.

Blessings and God's Peace,
Allison Bottke
www.godallowsuturns.com