I was computer-less for 3 whole weeks. Yes, I had firewalls, anti-spyware and the works, but sometimes sh-- happens. I now have a new hard drive, new external storage drive with all my old files, and everything re-installed EXCEPT my WordPerfect. WordPerfect came with the original computer, with a back-up CD to reinstall if anything happened. Well, the CD works as well as a circular piece of cardboard with spray paint. I sent an email to Dell tech support a week ago, and no reply. Tonight was going to be my night to call tech support for the 18th time, but I have a migraine and can't talk on the phone. Which means that I have all my files, but can't open any of my writing. WordPad and NotePad won't do it. I'm getting REALLLLLLY tired of all this computer hassle.

And two weeks ago, my foot started hurting really bad like it was sprained, but I have no idea why. Then it swelled up. I've been icing it, but with the hip still recovering, it's now 2 months that I'm barely able to walk. Hip is left side and this is right foot on top by the toes, so I don't even have a good side to limp on.

Mostly I feel I'm doing OK, but some days it's like I don't even come up for air.

Poet and essayist