Pam, you're constantly in my heart these days - everytime I companion my brother through one of his 5-hour chemo treatments, I think of you and pray for you and wonder how you're doing. Chemo really does a number on him too. It completely zaps him of all energy. He can't sit at the computer for more than a few minutes at a time. In fact, he can't do anything for more than a few minutes at a time. He can (very slowly) walk over to the store to get groceries - but can't stand in line at the cash registers. And can't walk all the way through the store to get to the milk (which is always in the furthest corner from the doors!) And he can't stand at the stove cooking for more than a few minutes at at time, so when I'm not there we leave him several plates of leftovers which he can just stick in the microwave.

Going through this cancer thing with him has given me a whole new admiration and compassion for all who struggle through cancer. The cure is more brutal than the disease and as far as I'm concerned, anyone who dares to make that trek through it is a genuine hero in my eyes!

(Maya Angelou)