Craftyone; thanks for your comments and concern. I will go to a meeting as soon and I dig myself out of all this snow. I understand where you are coming from and hope your children realize how much you have done for them and appreciate you when they mature. When I was married my ex traveled alot and I spent every waking moment with my son. He is nine years older than the other two so all his early years were spent hanging out with his Mom. I took him to play groups, library groups, swimming, pony rides, everywhere. Read to him every night and even laid down with him for almost an hour until he went to sleep. Bedtime was my favorite time with him as we were so close. But, they do grow up and sometimes leave us emotionally for a long while. I don't think many of them get it until they have children of their own, then a light bulb comes on. It did for me anyway. Whatever they do, or think, we have to take care of ourselves too. It is not our job to please them, although they would like it that way.
My son got a call from the treatment centre today. They have a bed this Friday. I hope he takes it. I can't find him though, don't know where he is so may not be able to get him the message. I hope he checks in but he is really angry with me for not letting him in the other night. Called his grandma (his Dad's Mom) to complain about me but she was having none of it and told him he's a grown up now and his Mom has done too much for him already.

Yes this community of women is a wonderful, caring environment and I appreciate all of you so much.
Kate