Ahhh...my future m-i-l actually bought my penior...something that was traditional for them as I recall...they are Italian...she did have a lot of ideas for how things should be...some of which we did...some of which she paid for...I had a set budget...and some of it...I did my way...

But I agree...with the others...I was very laid back when my daughters got married...and we were a very non-traditional family...so much less stress for me...and we all had a great time...

My oldest daughter eloped with the whole family...we went to Gatlinburg, TN to one of the Chapels...we planned the whole thing in 3 weeks...her fianace was moving for work and she wanted to go too...I made lasagne, froze it and took it for the reception...we were in a great chalet...a lot of fun...

My younger daughter got married in her college town...I was 6 hours away...his parents lived there...so her future m-i-l helped her with all the local stuff...flowers...hall... that kind of thing...She came to see me during her spring break and we bought her dress...my sisters catered it...so all I had to do was show up...I sort of liked it that way...LOL!