The shower is April 1st - yes April Fools Day!!! SHE chose the date!!! She drove me nutty this past week to get the invitations done and out. I made them and they are really cute. But she has turned into such a control freak, I want to say WHO ARE YOU AND WHERE IS MY DAUGHTER??? It makes me feel like she cannot trust anything I do. I am a designer for Pete's sake. Creativity is my life!!!
So - as it turns out - the MIL is getting the centerpieces and the favors....again the most creative parts of a shower. I guess she did not like my ideas.
The whole thing about this shower that bugs me is this: If I were on the other side of this, I would ask the brides Mom what I can do to help. I would not try to take over and push my wants on her. I just think that they are very ignorant people and want everything their way.
I got a call yesterday from the groom's sister, who is 25 yrs old. She wanted to know how the invites were coming along. I told her they were out and I already got some calls on it. She was flabergasted that she did not get hers yet. I said well maybe on Monday. THEN she proceeds to ask me what I was gonna get my daughter for the shower and what I think they should get her. I told her I cannot tell you what to do. (think they'd get the hint?)She goes on to say that she wanted to do the "Something old, something new" thing at the shower. I told her it was already taken care of that my dtr and I had already talked about it. Then she wanted to know what wedding things she needed. Well, I am making the pillow, the flower girl baskets and a few other things. She was very put out. Then it was on to the games. I suggested a few and then she said well your dtr is not gonna like that. I was so frustrated by this time, I said My dtr is not running this shower - I AM!!! UGH!!!! Please pray that I can keep my cool with these people, because I just want to tell them off!!! How dare they tell me what to do and how to do it!!!!!
Or am I totally wrong?????? The wedding is 6-30. I am going to throw a big party with all my friends when its over!!!!! Anyone want to come????????:-)