Kathy - Believe me, after all this craziness - I would much rather have it your way.
I am married 31 yrs. We had a beautiful wedding back then. It was not extravagant. And I had a wonderful time planing it with my mother. My in-laws did certain things and I invited my MIL along for certain things. It worked well. This whole thing just stinks. All the joy has been destroyed. I cannot wait til its over. And when it is over, ladies, I promise you pictures...but you have to promise not to laugh.
Pam - my dtr is going to be 26 in April and she has always been the more mature one of my children (no joke). She is just trying to please everyone and its not working. These 2 families cannot be blended. I think she is blinded by love and has been brainwashed. Our family is simple. We have a lot of love and not alot of money, but we love and cherish our family. That is why this hurts so darned much! I am going to continue with my plan for the shower. I am going to tell her that this is not going to work to keep it together. I will not please this woman anyways. I will invite the MIL and the sister, and any bridesmaid that wants to come from their side. If they don't come, then so be it. If they have one on their side and don't invite me, then so be it. I'd love to see what people would say when the mother of the bride is not there!!