Help - Please!
I think I am having panic attacks over this wedding. I just don't know what to do anymore. I have tried being Christian and giving the in-laws the benefit of the doubt - only to get kicked once again.
Today, my dtr and I planned on going shopping for wedding things. I was looking forward to it. We have been getting along very well and the holidays really went well. Then - BAM!!! Dtr came this am and asked me whats going on and what I have against her future inlaws. I told her that I have nothing against them. She said his Mom felt I was leaving her out and she wanted to be included in the shower plans. SO, earlier tonight, she took me over to their house to talk about what I thought was plans for the shower. I tell you I felt like I was being interrugated. What is the hall like, what food will you have, what kind of cake, can I bring my own food (YES she asked this)... and on and on. Oh and she wants to bring her own food in. And was I sure all that was decided upon was included....what do I look like a turnip that just fell off the truck??? It was then explained to me that she wants her family and friends to have a good time and then they will give a good gift. She AGAIN told me that if I loved my dtr I will give her a nice day. I want to vomit.... I tried to explain to this woman that I only have so much $$ to spend and I cannot spend more than that. I tell you these people aquate love with how much you spend or give. She wants to see the hall and talk to the manager to make sure that what I say is what I am getting. I was so upset by the time I came home, my hubby went into a rage. Now I had him to deal with. I just want to go and jump off a bridge. He ended up yelling at me for allowing these people to walk all over me. He thinks they want to take over and hand me the bill in the end. I was trying not to think of them that way - but I think he is right....in his own way. I am thinking I am going to go and cancel this shower. At the risk of disappointment to my dtr, I don't think I can do this. Anyone out there got any great advise???? I could sure use some.