Hi Ladies -
I feel honored that you want an update!!! I have just been super busy these days and have had no time to post or even to read. Its finals week and I am soooooo far behind in Christmas things too.
Actually - funny you should ask. All the girls dresses need to be ordered by Friday. I took my younger dtr on Saturday for her measurements and to order her dress.
The bride(my other dtr) came over on Friday to see a few things I had picked up for her. While she was here, my niece called (one of her bridemaids)and I overheard the conversation. Seems my niece just found out she is pregnant. She is due in early August, which means she will be about 8 mo at the time of the wedding. My dtr did not know what to do - but she did tell her she still wants her in the wedding. So its going to cost my niece twice as much for the dress now because it needs extra length and a larger size and they will alter it. My niece wants to be a part of it all THEN.........my dtr decides that she feels bad that she did not ask my son's gf to stand up - so she asked her - and NOW WE HAVE 11 - YES ELEVEN bridesmaids. This is getting nutty - I can't even imagine what my house will be like the day of the wedding with all these girls here. And my house is average sized. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
It just gets crazier and crazier!!!
I did book a hall for the shower. I was not pleased that I have to put out all this additional money - but I decided to bite the bullet and just do it. I don't want to argue with her anymore. And yes - she did get her way about it, but I just had to do it. There was one slight problem - my dtr was worried because this hall does not like you to bring in food. And OF COURSE - HIS mother wants to bring cookies......I swear she brings them wherever she goes. I did talk to the hall and because they know me, they are giving me a great deal and they also told me it is up to me if I want cookies brought in. I say the heck with it - let the woman do it. I guess thats what makes her happy. BUT I will limit it.
Hubby is not doing well with the future SIL tho. We were at a family gathering this past w/e and he was VERY uncomfortable. He was avoiding SIL at all costs. I don't agree with this behavior. But there is not alot I can do. I feel it is between them now. Hubby does not want it all swept under the carpet and thinks that is what I am doing. I have not forgotten what was said. I just give it to the ONLY ONE who can help. I pray about it and give the reigns to HIM. Thats the best I can do. I am worried that if he cannot let this go, what will happen in the future. He will have to give a toast at the wedding and what will he have to say about someone who he is not happy with????????
Thanks for caring everyone, and sorry this is so long. I have to start looking for my dress soon!!!