Here's an update on the wedding front.
I have been talking to my dtr regularly lately. This is a good thing. Her dress is being ordered on Monday, as she was fitted. It is beautiful. It was also quite expensive, but what ya gonna do???
I am looking into having the shower at a golf club that is close by and my son's girlfriend worked at. She is trying to get me a good deal. I had not planned on this big expense, as I do not believe I should be giving her this shower. Just my beliefs. So what I am doing is putting my other daughter's name on the invitations stating that she is giving it. If the mother-in-law wants to put her name on it- I don't care. I just don't want her running it. She had her turn with her daughter - now its my turn. Does that sound awful???
Dtr called me today to tell me she found a "deal" on the bridesmaids dresses. She shopped around at all the bridal shops for the best deal. I think she is making herself nuts trying to find deals on everything, and assumes everyone SHOULD deal!!!! But at least she settled on one place and now the dresses need to be ordered by 12-15.
So things are moving and she and I are talking often. The future SIL was here last w/e when we had out of town company. My hubby was NOT at ease that night and nothing much was said between the three of us. Hubby, SIL and I. I tried to explain why to my dtr when she mentioned it, but I do think she is going to stick up for him and his family no matter what. But - I am thinking things will be very different a few years down the road. We will see. Thanks for listening. Happy Thanksgiving Everyone.