Hi Craftyone,

I agree with everyone's comments about standing your ground. I'm curious - did your daughter side with the SIL? Did she let him do all the talking?

If it's possible - try to speak to her alone but you have to be careful not to bad mouth the guy because I've learned from experience that to tell her you think the guy's a creep will just make her protect him.

Ask her how she feels about everything? Is she having any second thoughts about marrying this guy because the money you've already spent doesn't really matter if she wants to change her mind.

In some cultures, the men can be very charming until they have their women under their thumbs then they become very domineering. I work with an Indian girl who's husband listens to his mother before he listens to her and although they are the same ethinicity, she has lived in America long enough, that it causes a rift between them.

You should ask your daughter if she's ok with her husband and his mother calling all the shots because that's the way it will be for the rest of her life.

I feel for you and hope you can get through to your daughter before she makes a big mistake.

And remember, this is just my opinion, take it with a grain of salt.