Thank You Ladies! I know in my heart what you say is true. I called my daughter tonight to ask her if they had recouperated from the party and to see if they opened their gifts. She sounded down, but said she was tired. She worked all day - so that is possible. She and her fiance want to come over and talk, but its gonna be a little bit before we can do that, unfortunately. We have busy schedules and opposite ones too. But WE WILL get to do this. I just have that feeling that she is gonna tell me we are being cheap. I honestly don't think its her talking, but all the ouside influences. I am just not a believer in working your butt off and giving it all to your kids. They need to earn it just like we had to...and still are...My parents paid for half of our hall and my dress - that was it. His parents paid for the flowers, the rehearsal dinner (which was at their house) and I think the booze too. But we paid for the rest. And we made our way thru life earning it - no one ever gave us anything. I think it made us stronger. I do not regret it at all. I think if they do have an issue with us, I am going to bring up the episode with the mother. AND I am going to tell them exactly how I am feeling and thinking, and get it all out in the open. I just needed to hear from someone unbiased that I was doing the "right" thing. I don't want to alienate anyone. Thank You for your input. It helps tremendously.