I read the book, The Fat Smash Diet by Dr. Ian K. Smith, M.D. and was shocked to see the simplicity of his weight loss plan. I tried it and in 9 days I dropped 14 pounds and never once felt hungry or jittery. On day one, weigh in, then put the scale away until day ten. For the full nine days you can have all the vegetables and fruits you desire, they are to be eaten raw, steamed or grilled ONLY! Spread your meals out to be 4 or 5 per day. For the 9 days do not eat white potatoes or avacados. You can have 2 cups of brown rice per day, low fat yogurt is okay, as are 2 cups of low fat, skim or soymilk. You may have 4 egg whites per day, and herbal tea. Good sources of protein are chickpeas, beans, tofu, lentils. Now remember don't cheat and don't stuff yourself at any one meal as you can have five. It is critical for the nine days not to skip meals, if not hungry just nibble on a fruit or celery or something light. Remember this is a jump start, toxic cleansing plan and I can tell you from experience it works. I never had so much energy after the third day. He has a complete plan and adds many foods as time goes by, if interested the book cost me $12.95 at the book store....

Edited by chatty lady (08/31/06 04:38 PM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/