Well, thanks for asking. His 2nd chemo treatment is on Thursday so I'm actually staying with my brother at his apartment for a few days. He's still battling those fevers; they're cyclical, coming and going usually in the evening and throughout the night. They leave him very weak. We're seeing his doctor again tomorrow and will mention them again. At least the biopsy wound has healed! That's helping a lot, especially in keeping the blood sugar down. He's managing his diabetes very well, but we're not sure he's getting enough to eat. He's been too weak to prepare any meals himself, which is why I decided to come and stay for a few days.

The diet drinks are not going down well at all. He's pretty much sticking to water, diet ginger ale, glucerna (diabetic version of ensure) and crystal lite, though even that is tasting horrid to him these days. He has mouth sores and changing taste buds to contend with as well, making eating and drinking very difficult.

His morale seems a little better these days. It's a long road we're traveling, but we're going to get through. God travels with us, and keeps reminding me that He has already put everything into our lives that we need for whatever road we're traveling, so I'm clinging to that promise of "daily bread".

(Maya Angelou)