Bluebird, there are certain prayer requests that stir me and drive me to prayer becasue I can relate to the incident. This is one of them. I am so sorry to hear about the consequences of drunken driving.

My nephew was in a horrible car accident several years ago. Alcohol wasn't involved, but speed was, and it was by a policeman. He was responding to a call and hit my nephew and his girlfriend (now wife) head-on on a bridge in Florida.

I recall the upset in my family and the sick feelings as soem of us traveled to be with my sister (it was her son) and her family. He was in a coma for a very long time, and when he left the hospital he didn't have any short term memory for months.

We visited him three months after the accident and he was so happy to see us. Then we saw him again the next day and he greeted us as though he'd not since us the day before. Very scary.

I recall the emotional trauma for all involved so I can only imagine what these families are going through. I am holding them in prayer, and you as you minister to them in some way.

Just a little thought, cards can make all the difference in the world during times like this. For some odd reason, people forget to send cards. Might you like me/us to send any of them a thinking of you card?