When I was in my 20's I vowed never to live with man or have a ltr that involved sex. I figured that if we loved each other we would get married, or else I wanted my freedom. Now, I am divorced after more than 20 years of marriage.

Suddenly, when I meet a man, I am thinking that while I would like a partner for travel, dinner, walks and sex, I don't want to get married or live with anyone. I have enough money to support myself and two wonderful kids. In the past women have needed men for financial support and to be the father of their kids. Well, I have the kids and the money, so I don't need a man for that.

Anyway, I am now finding myself evaluting men more on their emotional availbility, how affectionate they are, and if they are physically attractive to me. Oh yeas, brains and a sense of humor are also important.

I feel rather giddy at times with all this new found freedom. And I have become rather assertive with men I know and feel I can trust. I have a very good male friend who is rather attractive on many levels. The other day I was actually debating with myself whether or not to invite him to spend the weekend with me at a cabin that belongs to a friend. Haven't done that yet. But, somehow it seems much more natural and acceptable to do that.

Do other bommer women have this same sense of freedom and assertiveness?