Eagle, how did your brother react to the chemotherapy? I spent so much time during my dad's first round searching for answers to having him eat. I don't know how your brother is doing with that, but here is what I learned.

The problem is not loss of appetite, the problem is the taste buds. My dad said that everything tasted like chlorox and water tasted like dishwashing soap. He had a metalic after taste in his mouth too. For that, it is best to use plastic utensils. Anyway, I was worried about my dad becoming dehydrated. I bought him some gatorade and tried to get it as cold as possible. I went out and bought him some popsicles and that seemed to do the trick. At this point, it isn't nutrition, but just getting something in their system. Rice was another thing my dad was able to tolerate. Most of all, eating a big meal at once is not comfortable, but eating a little bit at a time thoughout the day is more tolerable.

I don't know, I felt compelled to post this, and different people react differently. But the messed up taste buds is a common thing among those undergoing chemotherapy.

Another thing he discovered he liked was ensure mixed with ice cream.

Alright dear, let us know how your brother is holding up. How you are holding up.

Thanks for your constant prayers Eagle. This is so wonderful of you.

Cheers,
Cathi