Lola, your posts are always so comforting. You really touch my heart with your assurance that there is always someone with me in spirit and prayer. Thank you!

Lynnie, I'm so glad you're back. I won't have much time online over the next while, but look forward to hearing your "hibernation" story. As for your questions, I don't have answers yet. We won't know how extensive the Hodgkin's is until he gets into the cancer clinic, hopefully early next week. My fear is that it appears to be quite widespread. But we just can't "go there" yet. We've been speaking with many people over the past day about what supports are available - things like volunteer drivers to take him to his chemo treatments (his car needs repairs before he'll let me drive it, and hubby has ours), "meals on wheels" which will provide hot meals for him, day-care help (aides who will come into the home and help him with housework, laundry, etc. I'll be doing all of that for him over the first week or so, until we get some of these things into place for him. After that I'll move back home (I can't be away from hubby for too long) and just go over several times a week during the day to help him out.

It's going to be a long road, but we'll just take it one day at a time. God is with us, and this too shall pass.

(Maya Angelou)