I have felt such peace in my heart last night and today. My brother is still undergoing extensive biopsies and the prognosis doesn't look good. But as frightening as it is, I'm keenly aware of your prayers buoying me/us up throughout the day. It's a peace that passes my own understanding, given the circumstances, so it can only be coming from God responding to your loving prayers.

Even my brother seems to be feeling the touch of "Something" that he's never experienced before. I know he's deeply touched that you are all praying for him even though you've never met him! Thank you from him. I know he's frightened too.

Nancy, thank you for your love and thoughtful care. I'm making sure to take good care of myself. I incorporate "me-things" in with all the errands I'm running for Gary. Prayer-time, a little shopping for myself while I'm getting his stuff, I even took a wee nap at his place (on his wonderfully comfortable new bed that he just bought two months ago) while I was there getting some necessities. So I'm managing to pace myself well, and hubby comes and picks me up at the hospital every evening. His support has been wonderful too.

Anyway, thank you so much for your continuing support - I can feel it, it's making a difference in my ability to handle this gracefully, and in my willingness to trust that God is in loving control of Gary's situation.

(Maya Angelou)