Yes, I think I might be onto a marketable idea with the Childcare/nursing home idea!! Might make a fortune yet!! My daughter is 15, nearly 16 and madly in love with a 16 year old, who seems OK. They have planned to move to England, they think that Australia is too hot, especially Brisbane. They want to open a Goth shop, so my daughter is going to do a Business Degree and she has 'bullied' her boyfriend into going back to finish High school so he can go on to Uni and get a computer degree. She also asked Me and her dad how much they would need to save up before they could leave home and move to England, we said about $30,000 so they are both knuckling down and studying and working partime to save up to leave. Oh well, 15 and 16 is still young so they may end up living in Brisbane and not leaving for England anyway. But I love our shopping expeditions and we share clothes, she does my eyemakeup for me when I go out as I cant see to do it as well as I used to, she is also into doing hair, so she straightens my hair as well - I will so miss her company. We have three boys, 14, 18 and 20 (nearly) and I will also miss them but shopping is not the same with the boys and they definately do not show any interest in eye makeup or hair styles!!
Downdog, good luck for your darling daughter. They need to follow their dreams, and we need to learn exactly what you said, to focus on other projects and let our babies fly free.
If I was not on the other side of the world, we could all get together and get that nursing home/childcare center off and running, I think with all our combined talents it would be one hell of a place!!