My mom started a full service yarn shop in our area 16-17 yrs ago. I joined forces with her about 9 yrs ago. At one time we had 3 stores - two in our town and 1 in the town to the south of us, but as my mother got older and even more set her ways, it was obvious to me that I had a choice. I was either going to continue to work with my mom or have a relationship with my mom -- but it wasn't going to be both. I choose a relationship with her and quit the shop.

A few months ago she finally closed the shop and was going to just "give" it away -- so I took it. I put everything in a warehouse for awhile and now its stored in my home. I want to get started back up with it, but with lack of capital -- I need to start slowly.

I've done really well with eBay in the past - selling things that didn't "go" in the shop - so I will start back with that, but I want to get back into the community too. I need to start small, as I said, so my thoughts are to try and get into the nursing homes and assisted living facilities -- getting a "knitting club" started for those ladies that can't get out any more. In the past I've tried going to the schools so young girls can get lessons and have something creative and productive to do, but the schools in our area weren't very responsive at all, but once I get going I'll try that again. BUT, I'm not going to make any money doing that because most of that will be volunteer due to lack of funds on my clients part ;-) This idea is more along the "heart" lines -- not the pocketbook lines ;-)

I have the inventory, wholesale contacts, and experience, so that's one thing I don't have to worry about. I can contact all our past customers and let them know I'm back in business, but since I can't afford the start up costs of getting into a store front, I don't have a proper place to service them. A bank loan is out and I don't have any rich friends ;-) Suggestions please !!

So ladies, anyone out there want to adopt me ??? ;-)