I live on three acres in the city limits of a suburb in the metro area of the state capital. We have a pool, a hot tub, dozens of trees, and a creek that circles the back of the property. All the houses in this area have about the same. It was perfect when the kids were in school.

Now the city is catching up. The street that leads to the area is being widened and several new additions have developed nearby. There is a walmart three miles away and more huge houses on miniscule lots are moving in all around us.

My husband and I both own acreages farther out and we have an acreage in a very remote area. I was talking to a friend tonight who is moving to New York City. I told her we were thinking of moving in some direction. Either to one of the very remote areas or New York City. She laughed. Boy what a wide diversithy of choice.

We probably won't do anything at all until my husband retires, but I can certainly see the advantages of downsizing either to the country or to the city.

I would love to live in New York City. It energizes me, but it does seem awfully complex. I also love the solitude of the country.

I admire those of you who have acted on the impulse of each age to move where your wishes and/or jobs take you. I guess I will have to become more mobile if I am going to keep up with my dreams as they change with age.

smile

[ April 02, 2006, 12:56 PM: Message edited by: smilinize ]