Dotsie, we farm row crops such as wheat, barley, soybeans etc. and beef cattle. We had a dairy herd until about 2 years ago. I had no trouble saying goodbye to them although dh milked one last cow for about 6 months after the rest were gone. Now he can't figure out when he had time to milk!

Our oldest son farms with us, building his own acres and hoping to add numbers to his beef herd. He also owns a semi that he hires out with. Our younger son has decided that his passion is also in trucking and is in big demand with truck owners in the area (these farm boys learn early how to drive a truck). He plans to run his own truck asap, too.

Yes, I am very blessed with these 2 wonderful young men. We live near a river and sometimes in the summer, I will go down there and just sit and watch the water flow by - it calms me. One evening when we had all been working a field on the other side of the river valley, I stopped there on my way home to sit a while. After dark, the boys were on their way home and after they both drove by me, they both stopped, backed up to where I was parked and pulled in on either side of me just to see that I was okay. I felt so protected and loved!

We have all had many demons to fight since their sister died in 1994 but we are sticking together and finding our peace with each other and the world without her.

Guess my reply to your simple question has mushroomed. I truly am blessed.