searcher; thank you for your advise, my dad died in the late 70's, mom was independent until she had a problem with her eyes, had treatment, and we decided that it would be best rather than going home that she would stay at a Rehab./Nursing Center on a temporary basis. I soon started to noticed buising and cuts,i complaint, then mom told me she had fallen, i asked they denied it,and so on, until i found her on the floor, mid day of a Sat.(i had left not long before, after helping her with her bath, hair, lunch, etc.) I made the mistake of telling the adm. that i was going to report them to the elder abuse hotline, she would not allowe me to use the phone, and in fact, by the time i made it home a couple of blocks away, she had called and filed a complaint against ME. long story short,it snowballed into guardianship court,boy, those judges and close atty. know who to do it...she was deemed incompetent- so that she could not speak on what she wanted,lost her home to pay the court appointed guardian and their attorneys, was court ordered to stay at the same place,lost her bilateral sight,and continued to be abuse. 5 months later of my letter writing and complaining to the court,the guardian and to a paid supervising person to ME as if I was a criminal; the judge ORder mother out of the same place i filed a complaint about- withing 24 hours. that was in 2002, i have continued to fight for her, was on tv, written myself to the bones, spend thousand of dollars... fast forward july 2005 i was appointed mother's guardian. they left her homeless, blind, stuck at a nursing home, as a medicaid patient. mother worked all her life, in fact, had a business. yes, i want to bring her home, the judge is covering her -because she knows i will not let go.Ck out 7 News Investigative report by Carmel Cafiero titled "Going For Broke"which air 02/04/05, i have the same judge who put the 80 year old woman in jail for 5 months...lots to tell, nobody listens....thank you for doing so, maritza