quote:
Originally posted by Searcher:

How are you friend, Flipper? Sounds like you're having your fair share of trouble - as if you already haven't! What web business are you getting into? Bull semen, now that sounds like a fun job!!! Good grief! Those must be some good-lookin' bulls! Say - how 'bout getting them into show biz - the cheese industry in Cal. must be making a fortune on their commercials !!!@#@! [/QB]

Searcher, we've had lots of trouble in the last 10 years, the last few being the worst. I am just setting up my system for tracking data for my new web site and when that is done I will send you the site. It is my unconventional attempt to turn a profit on farm land.

As for that bull semen, dh is a great breeder!!! Kidding aside, he is selling semen for an artificial insemination supply company called Accelerated Genetics. He has been AI breeding cows for many years and saw this as an opportunity to make a few extra bucks.

He is such an introvert, he's having a hard time getting started. He knows cattle and related topics as well as most vets so he has the knowledge but not the confidence. The last few years of being sabotaged by a banker and the related problems that situation created has really put his self-confidence in the dumper.

We have had a few really cute bulls around here. We used to have a 2000 pound holstein bull named "Bull" (original!!!) that would follow dh around like a puppy dog. We had him till he was 9 years old. Had a hard time losing him. Then there was the big black angus bull that wandered around the yard for a couple of months. He never left the farm and took naps under the tree in the back yard. There was Melvin the red angus who would follow a pail of feed anywhere and the little bull calf who grew up in the barn with the dairy cows, drinking our profits. None of them made it to California but all were happy with the girls in North Dakota!

[ February 22, 2006, 04:05 AM: Message edited by: flipperjo ]