I'm so glad to hear that I am not the only one feeling this way, fearing the future. I also don't see how I will avoid working until I die. I am facing divorce after 24 years. I have worked of and on, but not as the bread winner. I have no health insurance, no company benefits, no retirement, no savings. We had just bought the house so there's no equity when we get it sold. I will be forced to rent somewhere which means money just flying out the window into someone else's pocket. I'm 49. I never went to college, and don't have the funds or time to start now. I am working 7 days a week just to squeek by. Unfortunately, I make too much to get food stamps or any other aid....I fall 'in between' everything and I don't know how I will ever recoop from this divorce. I am looking at work from home opportunities but haven't found any that are legitimate. I have a book I wrote with an agent. I am praying that writing will be an avenue of extra income for me. This certainly isn't the life I dreamed of before I got married....