Sorry bout that dearie....she uses brushes for powder and blushes. The only thing she uses sponges for was to put on foundation. For the pictures, however, she combined different kinds of foundations but the funny thing was, when she finished, I couldn't tell I had on multiple foundations at all! It wasn't heavy feeling. It was wonderful.

She was telling me that there are women who work at these counters in SOME places who are very knowledgeable in makeup and have made a career out of it. These women actually have degrees in cosmetology and their licenses are displayed.

The women at the MAC counters, for instance, attend a 3 week class and they tell you they know what they are doing because they have been to school for MAC. Big difference.

To give you an example, I was buying some MAC makeup after I had the wonderful photo shoot and the girl at the counter was trying to sell me things I didn't want or need. When I told her that I only wanted "such and such" she told me very loudly "Look, I've been to school for this and I know what I'm talking about here. What you are getting is not enough for you. You need this and this and this." I was dumbfounded that she would come on so strongly. I asked her "what school?" She said the MAC school. I said how long was your training, and can I see your degree? I figured if she was going to get huffy with me, I'd return the favor. She stomped off and handed my purchase to another saleswoman and said, "take care of her, she doesn't know what she needs anyway." CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT? I declined the purchase, talked to the Manager, and I will NEVER buy another piece of MAC makeup as long as I live....and even longer.

I take makeup and stuff like that seriously because it cost a lot, and I want to maximize whatever I can with my facial features. I do a lot of speaking in public and I don't want people to point and cry...you know?

Are you more confused? Did this help any? I'll be glad to ask my friend if she would answer some things for us if you think you might be interested???? She lives in Atlanta, GA. and is on the move a lot with photo shoots, but maybe we could composed some quetions and she would answer them for us in an interview I could do????

JJ