I love my below the waist bootcut jeans - higher-rise pants don't look good on me at all and I've been so glad that better pants have been around the last couple of years! I don't, however wear the really-low rise jeans though. As I mentioned on another thread on the Fashion section, I love the fact that there's something else to wear top-wise that's as comfortable/easy to wear as a t-shirt, but a whole lot prettier - and, not everything is skintight either. The empire-waisted tops and dresses come to mind! I also enjoy the detailing and ornamentation on the newer clothes too, which range from all-out boho-girl to sharper, edgier looks. If really fancy stuff doesn't suit, then an accessory that's unusual can do it! I like to wear unusual combos of things anyway - like short over long over jeans, any old time of year - just the fabrics change. I also like and look good in COLORS(not necessarily blaring, but RICH) - safe, "tasteful neutrals", and other overly-muted colors that we're supposedly supposed to wear "at our age" don't do it for me. Not everyone benefits from playing it "safe" style-wise. If you wear colors that suit your skintone, and clothes that suit your physique, whatever that is, you'll look great - and there is lots of info out there!