quote:
Originally posted by Jeannine:
Believe me, if she was appareled in anything approaching provacative, she was most likely being characterized, or portrayed as some foolish, laughable, trying-desperately-to-hang-on-to-her-youth type.

I agree completely. I'm not trying to hang on to my youth, when I look in the mirror I see a 52 year old woman, not a college kid. I know how old I am.

But I think you're absolutely right on, sexuality and attractiveness is percieved as being the sole property of young people. They're shocked to find out that we old ladies still have a kettle on the fire. And frankly I think, maybe especially for younger men, that makes people uncomfortable.

I know I've raised more than a few eyebrows and sometimes it's fun, but I resent being pigeon-holed into some catagory of *old thang* trying to re-live her glory years. I didn't have the money for cute clothes when I was younger and when we were raising a family. I still look pretty decent--and if I don't wear these cute tops and pants and boots now, when am I going to do it?? After I'm 60? 70?