I wish I could post a picture from my computer here. I'm 52 and I have 2 kids. Between my husband and myself we have 4 kids. We have grandkids.

But that's not the issue. Our kids are grown. I spent 20 years working and caring for my kids and family. I have paid_my_dues in this world as a wife and a mother. We now have the wherewithal for me to have some personal and financial freedom. My intention is to enjoy it before it before I die.

Here's the rub: I don't dress like an old lady-- ever!I still have a nice body, a good brain, and a caring outlook. We went out tonight and I was meeting my husband and some friends. I wore some new cute clothes. They were not too tight. My tits were not visible. There was no part of my anatomy showing, and yet....(keep in mind we are not in America) I overheard some young guys say "she's a little old for those clothes.....

Frankly, I looked good. Makeup, black pants and a new top and boots. Not over the top by any stretch. No cleavage, no tummy, no excess. But I'm nobody's image of what *mama* should look like. I make no apologies for that. I may be a 'mama' but MY kids were not there.

So why do men think that if you're over 30 you can't be hot or sexy?? Why do they think that women "old enough to be their mothers" should be at home knitting potholders?! You know what? I'm not your mother and I ain't knitting no potholders and stirring borsht. I'm still kicking.

I've heard it from my dad who says "aren't you a little long in the tooth to be shoveling snow?" (No!) I've heard it from my son who says "You're an old lady! You can't go out looking like that!" ( Watch me,oh yes I can)

You know what I think?? I think men have this vision of older women (their mothers) who had immaculate conception in their youth and then went on to be sweet grandmas who baked immaculate pies. I think men can't coneive of women over 40 who are hot and sexy and still very much alive.

I'm tired of people telling me that I don't dress my age. I'm tired of people telling me to act my age. By god, I'm 52 years old and I am a long way away and far from looking or acting like anybody's grandma. I'm still very much a viable and sexual woman. Why do men resent this so very much?? Why do they think that women over 40 are sexually deceased and should dress as such? I refuse!

So somebody tell me why as a woman over 50 I should dress like a nun, and why they become so offended when I do NOT? Do I upset their tidy little world when I show up as an older woman with a sexuality? Is this not what ya'll had in mind for your mother?? As mothers are we supposed to ditch our sexiness for some kind dowager matronliness to keep up appearances? Fiddlesticks!

I'll tell ya, I'm p*ssed. Those young bohunks can kiss my grits, cause I'm not dead yet!