Brenda,
Thanks for your question. I have two different suggestions to address pear shape figures. The first is indeed the skirted bottom. This style is great for camouflaging hip and butt trouble areas.

My second suggestion may surprise you; one of the best ways to even out a pear shaped figure is to go the opposite direction from a skirted style. I often recommend higher leg lines for customers with fuller hips and thighs. The higher the leg line the longer (and slimmer) the legs appear. Always remember that creating triangles on your body (V-necklines, higher-cut legs) helps to make the body appear longer. This trick can help to balance the bottom and top of your body and create the eternally sought after “hourglass”.

Just a reminder that being a "10" is more about how you feel than how you look! Be sure that your swimsuits fit properly and make you feel fabulous. Don’t comprimise and don’t skimp on the “outfit”. Completing your look with the compliment of the perfect cover ups and accessories will make you feel “pulled together” and help to bolster your confidence at the beach.

Enjoy the Beach!

~Bridget

quote:
Originally posted by yepthatsme2:
Hi Bridget,

My bathing suit has been around for 3 years now...hardly ever wear it.
This year we will be spending time at the beach, so I want to be a a #10 out there. OK...close to a 10.
Last bathing suit was 2 piece, skirted bottom.
Have the shape of a pear...to much at the bottom.
What's going to draw attention away from the fat legs and thighs?

Help.

[ January 18, 2006, 12:53 PM: Message edited by: Bridget Quinn Stickline ]